Exciting opportunities exist within the BHF for the 2020 SportWays Summer Camp, the week of June 29-July 3. Working under the direction of coach(es) from the Netherlands, the successful candidate must be mature, have a positive attitude and be reliable to assist with skills and drills activities under the direction of the Coaches.
The applicant must be 16+ years old – Bermudian and non-Bermudian candidates are welcomed to apply as this can count towards Community Service hours.
Hours will be from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm daily.
- Field Hockey experience
- SCARS trained
- First Aid/CPR certified
Main duties, but not limited to:
- Assisting the children’s understanding of skills and drills
- Assisting Camp directors in managing the children between activities.
- Ensuring children :
- Wears hat and sunscreen at all times
- Stay hydrated and eat their snacks/lunch
- Have gum shield, shin pads when on the pitch
- Resolving conflict and ensuring inclusion of all children
- Willingness to be proactive and creative with free time/prevent boredom
- Strong verbal communication skills